Manchester City Wins Print Many Goals

West Ham United v Manchester City - Premier League, Sports – Manchester City vs. Burton Albion’s game turned into a CIty goal party in the first Premier League Cup semi-final match at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England, Thursday morning WIB, 10 January 2019.

The victory was supported trigol Gabriel Jesus, dwigol Phil Foden, as well as a one-goal contribution from Kevin De Bruyne, Olexandr Zinchenko, Kyle Walker and Riyad Mahrez that made one leg City had been tracking the English League Cup final.

The results at once relieved the burden of the team made by Pep Guardiola when visiting the Burton headquarters at the Pirelli Stadium in the second match on January 23 local time.

Burton started the match very positively when they made the first attack. Lucas Akins fired a shot on target that City’s young goalkeeper Arijanet Muric could anticipate.

The hosts responded quickly when De Bruyne managed to win the air duel despite flanked by two defenders Burton to head the ball bait David Silva’s post. De Bruyne brought City ahead 1-0 when the game had only been running for five minutes.

The visitors tried to match City’s game and create a dangerous attack when Akins handed the ball in front of the goal which was completed with a bouncing shot from the target by Marcus Harness.

In the 19th minute, Mahrez managed to hit Burton’s goal with a volley. But the goal was disallowed because he was already in an offside position when Ilkay Guendogan released the ball.

The defending champions then doubled their lead in the 30th minute through Jesus’ first goal in the match with an easy header from close range completing a Leroy Sane shot which hit goalkeeper Bradley Collins.

Four minutes later Jesus scored his second goal utilizing feedback from David Silva. The referee briefly reviewed the technology of the video referee assistant (VAR) to ensure the goal was legitimate and the score changed to 3-0 for City.

City did not need a long time to confirm they were holding a party goal to Burton’s goal. In the 37th minute it was Zinchenko’s turn to score from his failed cross to meet Jesus and Collins was unable to anticipate the ball into the net.

Two minutes before the normal time of the first half, Mahrez almost took his name on the scoreboard earlier when he received a pass from Sane with a volley. But this time Collins could beat the ball that came.

Left behind by four goals in the first half, Burton did not lose their fighting power. They created an opportunity in the 53rd minute when Scott Fraser finished a one-two-touch bait joint with Akins with a curling shot from the edge of the penalty box, unfortunately the ball still soared from the target.

Four minutes later, City even confirmed their superiority when Jesus completed his triggers in the match by jumping to head in the pass for Mahrez.

Not satisfied with the five-goal advantage, City added again to 6-0 through Foden’s goal, which was only four minutes away after replacing De Bruyne, in the 62nd minute.

Three minutes later, City scored their seventh goal through a high-scoring goal Jesus who easily cheated the ball in front of the goal to finish Sane’s pass.

City’s eighth goal in the match was created in the 70th minute when Mahrez’s acceleration was ended by a lure which was greeted by Walker.

Collins’s ill-fated fate under the Burton crossbar was apparently not over. Seven minutes before normal time was over, Mahrez finally listed his name on the scoreboard with a second chance kick after receiving feedback from Bernardo Silva.

Manchester City vs. Burton Albion’s match ended 9-0 at the Etihad when referee Mike Dean blew the whistle the game was over.